Our Aquatic Therapy Program is a huge driver to our business and unlike our competition, utilizes rare and unique underwater treadmill systems to achieve superior results. With HydroWorx you get the Fastest Rehab and Superior Conditioning. After any type of injury or surgery, increasing your patient or athlete's mobility while still maintaining conditioning is a top priority. By taking advantage of the body's buoyancy in water, the advanced technology of HydroWorx's fitness and physical therapy pools eliminates 20% to 100% of a person's body weight. As a result, patients or athletes who are unable to exercise on land can achieve immediate rehabilitative results while carrying as little as 0% of their body weight underwater. When exercising in a physical therapy pool, hydrostatic pressure, water temperature and resistance combine to enhance cardiovascular stamina, muscle strength, and flexibility and drive early range of motion gains during post surgery recovery
. Gait training in a low-impact environment allows for earlier replication of proper ambulatory biomechanics and reduces the accumulated damage of land exercise. Read below to learn why HydroWorx's physical therapy pool technology is your best choice for the fastest rehab and gravity free conditioning of your patients and athletes. If you suffer from one of the following, chances are, you can benefit from aquatic rehab:
Arthritis Pain change sequence to:
- Difficulty Walking/Balance
- Running and Sports Injuries
- Joint Replacements
- Arthritis/Joint Pains
- Low Back Pain
The Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
Aquatic therapy is one of the safest, most comfortable treatment options a physical therapy patient will ever experience. Common benefits of aquatic therapy are:
- Decreased Pain
- Improved Range of Motion and Flexibility
- Improved Strength and Aerobic Endurance
- Improved Walking Skills
- Improved Confidence and Mental Status
Aquatic therapy takes advantage of:
- Buoyancy - it eases the stress on your muscles and joints.
- Temperature - the warm water soothes and relaxes the body.
- Viscosity - the "thickness" of the water provides gentle resistance.
- Turbulence - moving water gently challenges the body to maintain balance and control.
- Hydrostatic Pressure - this pressure provides natural relief of joint swelling.
What the Patient will Need:
- Aqua Shoes
- A robe to wear from the locker room (optional)
- Cap (optional)
Who benefits most from hydrotherapy?
- Knee Diagnoses: OA, ligament or meniscus lesions, TKA, Chondromalacia, Various running disorders
- Hip Diagnoses: OA, THA, FAI, Labral Repairs, Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty, ITB/TFL
- Ankle/Foot Problems: plantar fasciitis, achilles tendinopathy, ankle sprains, tibial stress syndrome
- Difficulty walking: A catch all Dx to describe poor balance, gait abnormality and anyone using an assistive device, limping or walking with antalgia
- Low back pain: This one is a wild card. Works best with combination of lumbar stabilization on land training and pool following
Our staff are specially trained to provide you with an individualized aquatic therapy treatment program. Aquatic therapy is covered by many insurance plans.
Give us a call today to learn more!
Hydroworx Underwater Treadmills
Learn more about the versatility and power of our Hydroworx Underwater Treadmills and how they can aid in rehabilitation and exercise.
Watch a video here